Dirty Jobs

Each and every part of God’s army is of equal importance.

Mike Rowe goes out and does the work of ordinary people. He learns how bright all these folks are and how critical their jobs are to our every day life, our existence.

My professional career has been in telecommunications. Someone told me once, “dial tone is like the lights, no cares or notices unless they break”. Many times when people looked down on me, or wouldn’t give me the time of day, I thought to myself, “hmmmp, I could make your life miserable”. I always tried to do the right thing, but I must admit, those thoughts DID go through my head.

God wants us to treat everyone with respect, honor and love. The body of Christ consists of many different kinds of people, laborers, clergy men and woman, child care workers, janitors, waiters, programmers: They all have the same value. The next time you encounter a worker, you generally wouldn’t even notice, treat that person as if they were a pastor at your church.

In fact, some parts of the body that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary. And the parts we regard as less honorable are those we clothe with the greatest care. So we carefully protect those parts that should not be seen, while the more honorable parts do not require this special care. So God has put the body together such that extra honor and care are given to those parts that have less dignity. This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad.
I Corinthians 12: 22-26

Dear God, please, help me to show respect and give honor to those people that I don’t necessarily notice. Allow your love to flow through me to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment